Our friend Sakchai said he would help too. Our first project is to get a packet we refer as the "gray folder" translated. I thought I could just ask him to do part of it, but he said he'd get his nephew to do it, and he'd even pay his nephew (who graduated with an English degree from the university, and is a Christian) to get busy on it! Wow! That was so generous!
So anyways I guess the fruit of these days was to poke around, plant some seeds, and get used to the heat and humidity. We met up with our friend Cristina, a woman pastor for YWAM. She had 2 friends visiting, and so we showed them around and talked shop. She will have us visit her team in February, who influence many people around the world in their ministries. We will do a presentation for them on how to use the "GET THE PICTURE" tool, which is a powerful visual aid for sharing the Gospel and teaching churches on how Jesus life, death, and resurrection was predicted throughout the entire Old Testament. It really can turn the light bulb on for many people. It's used successfully around the world, and we met the lady who developed it. This is part of our ministry with MM.
Now we will return to Ao Udom. We have to get back to work now. Pray for the transitions and that we can find the right place to live (temporarily we'll be in the old ice cream shop apartment by the church for a couple months).
Please pray for our physical safety, as I'll be working with high pressure equipment and possibly chemicals and filtration that may carry bacteria when dealing with PM. I'll be sure to use hazardous material protection when I do. (this is for the water purification)
Please pray the Lord will use us to share the Gospel and that God will answer prayers in a powerful, meaningful way and not just in ordinary ways, but in extraordinary ways. We serve the true God, filled with might, and who holds all things in His Hands.
| Pastor Cristina from YWAM, along with friends Liz and Alonzo. We took them around Bangkok. It was their first time. |
Dear Alex and Tammy,
ReplyDeleteI just caught up with you through this blog - love your graphics, photos, updates, and especially your story!! It was such a joy to meet you as you breezed through Phoenix and to share "Get the Picture?" with you, even in whirlwind-style. ;) I can see that you are already sharing it and passing it on, which thrills my heart! Being able to "see" the Bible is an amazing experience. I love watching people's eyes get big as the truth is revealed and they "get the picture" of God's grace.
I'll keep watching your blog. Blessings and prayers, Lauren Locker