Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Our friend Dragos gave us great news from Timisoara! The translation work he's done for MM has been bearing fruit at his church

As I said 2 posts earlier, God really is encouraging us this week through news from our friends’ ministry. Our friend Dragos called us from Romania today. He played a special role in how I became Christian thirteen years ago. Dragos and I have kept in touch throughout all these years. He’s faithfully prayed for us during our mission to Thailand. At our request, he has translated two of Multiplication Ministries discipleship packages into Romanian over the past year. He even has helped us with the graphics of other translations we are working on!

Today, Dragos let us know the great news that 11 persons are going to be baptized this week at his church near Timisoara. He mentioned that these 11 were all discipled with the MM materials that he translated into Romanian. Praise God that... these persons can be built up in their faith and that they can happily embrace the new life and do away with the old….Interestingly not all of these persons are brand new converts, yet some have chosen to be baptized this Easter. This goes to show that together we can be blessed as we walk in obedience when the church will disciple the flock in intimate settings where higher level of instruction, encouragement, and accountability can take place.

I’m really encouraged when ever I see anyone come to know the Lord. But to have our friend take the time to tell us this special news, and how we have played a role together in what God plans to do with these 11 people…it’s an incredible blessing. Sometimes this week I wondered how much of the extra effort we make is all in vain, not blessed by God. The Lord moved 3 of our translators to contact us out of the blue with good news. God is so good. P.S. Please pray for Dragos as he uses his photography to share scriptures and plant seeds of faith... 

No comments:

Post a Comment